The Project Engineer is responsible for everyday project activities including: Site assessments, construction/repair documentation, engineering calculations, quality control, project deliverables, construction administration, shop drawing review and being capable of overseeing specific phases of the project from design to contract document and specification production. Has working technical knowledge within the field of structural engineering and a general broad knowledge of other building components (architectural/MEP, etc.) and civil design procedures. Provides general technical guidance on routine project issues and is part of the team. Supervision received will be essentially administrative and technical in nature with assignments given in general terms and objectives. Makes routine engineering design decisions independently but will rely on senior staff for more difficult or unusual design advice. Coordinates with other internal and/or external team members. Has knowledge and understanding of the project development process. This position reports to the Senior Project Engineer, Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
Additional Position Notes
• Travel requirements can be up to 20% with overnight stays.
• Site assessments frequently require access via ladders, scissor lifts or articulating boom lifts.
• Emergency response (engineering in nature) for weather events, fires, impacts, explosions and availability to respond timely.
• Site assessment may include active construction, damaged or demolition sites.
• Frequently meet with clients and maintain strong client relationships.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering concentration
• 3 to 5 years' experience in structural design experience required with at least 2 years focused on commercial projects
• Licensure is not required; however, the ability to obtain a PE and/or SE license is preferred and required for advancement.
• Must be able to pass a federal security background check.
• Strong leadership skills – ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a proficiency in English.
• Coordinates, writes and/or edits specifications as applies to structural engineering and technical items in general.
• Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
• Proficient in current version of AutoCAD and MS Office products. Working Revit proficiency is a desirable.
• Proficiency in MathCAD, EnerCalc, RAM Structural, STAAD PRO, RISA Floor, RISA 2D & 3D, ETABS, SAFE and SAAP2000 a plus
Valid Through: 2019-11-11