RESPONSIBIILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists the Director in maintaining the facility in good repair.
- Provides operational support to client facility operation.
- Develops and/or implement business strategies and/or products for account growth and retention
- Provides support regarding the proper implementation of operating standards and procedures, including distribution and inventory procedures.
- Monitors performance against standards for client satisfaction.
- Assists with the development of account business plans to enhance customer services, facility layout and design, account profitability and retention and client and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and facilitates data analysis and training.
- Visits and inspects all facility spaces at least once per month providing objective feedback based on operational standards
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget.
- Ensures that management team and staff have sufficient resources to perform their jobs and to meet goals and deadlines.
- Develops appropriate communication tools within the department
- Develops and manages all IT issues affecting the operation of the organization.
- Supports and maintains compliance with client contracts
- Documents newly created systems for field implementation
- Documents and maintains operating procedures according to industry, corporate and client standards and policies.
- Performs inspections and audits to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
- Identifies and clarifies internal/external customer needs and expectations, taking actions to ensure that Sodexo and Alaska Airlines goals are aligned and met.
- Performs duties as required in compliance with established Universal Precautions, fire, safety, infection control, isolation, and sanitation procedures.
- Promptly reports and corrects all accidents, incidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions, and defective equipment.
- Proficiency in all technical skills required of this position.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Capable of project oversight and management.
- Responsible for working with the Director and Unit Finance Controller to ensure proper financialreporting and accountability.
- Works closely with the Director in maintaining an effective workforce including hiring, discipline as well as potential termination of frontline staff.
- Responsible for proper payroll accounting for all frontline staff being managed.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Assists in implementing Sodexo’s Diversity Program as it relates to the department.
- Coordinates, attends and participates in training, in-service educational activities, workshops, and seminars as required for efficient and effective operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in annual educational updates on methods to keep themselves and staff safe.
- Follows safe work practices and wears appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of location and contents of departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of location and contents of departmental Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Maintains knowledge and proficiency of assignments during implementation of facility disaster and emergency preparedness plans.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to improve the safety conditions in the facility, e.g., reporting of water spills in corridor and other floors to housekeeping when noted or notifying appropriate individuals when adverse safety conditions are suspected or noted.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services