Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the department operates effectively, delivers services in a timely manner and seeks quality improvement at all service levels.
• Be able to operationalize and implement hospital strategic plans, departmental agendas and support community /hospital initiatives.
• Understand the importance of monitoring ongoing departmental capital and operation budgets, while developing annual capital departmental budget based on current demand, past performance and projected need outlook with departmental Director.
• Primary responsibility for compliance with the Environment of Care and Life Safety measures.
• Provide supervision of daily performance of Facilities technicians and mechanics on routine, as well as emergency repairs, inspections and safety issues relating to the main and off-site locations.
• Conduct daily audits of the physical plant, identifies equipment and infrastructure needing repair or replacement, also contributing to the annual departmental budget request for capital improvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in project management, engineering, construction or facilities management.
• Multiple years of facilities management experience, preferably in a community hospital maintenance environment with staffing oversight responsibility.
• Working knowledge of preventive maintenance, P/M scheduling, of electrical delivery systems, switchgear, generators, HVAC, chillers and boiler plant operations.
• Have a familiarity of sprinkler systems, alarm notifications, security, nurse call and med gas systems.
• Formal training in a trade or craft is preferred, and working knowledge of following trades , painting, carpentry , plumbing, HVAC , mechanical, electrical, some low voltage, flooring, asphalt and masonry.
• Hands on experience with Environment of Care and Life Safety policies and procedures relative to JC, DPH and CMS.
State/Federal Mandated Licensure or Certification Requirements:
CHFM (Certified Healthcare Facility Manager) by AHA Preferred
Bristol Hospital Mandated Educational Requirements:
General orientation at time of hire. Fire/Safety/Infection Control annually. Other programs as mandated by Hospital.
Detailed knowledge of NFPA, OSHA, BOCA, State Codes and JCAHO standards. Detailed knowledge of project management skills.
Involves periods of intermittent walking, stooping, bending.
Intermittent exposure to indoor construction, boiler house environment and normal office conditions.
Possess good math, writing and communication skills. Computer literate with ability to manipulate spread sheets and light CAD.
Conditions of Employment
• In adherence with our safety and compliance regulations, upon hire you are subject to a criminal background check and health clearance (including drug testing) through Occupational Health.
• The health and safety of our patients and employees is a top priority which is why we have mandatory flu shots. Exceptions for medical and religious reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis.
• Please be aware all Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group facilities are smoke and tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
• In keeping with our goals of individual recognition and treatment characterized by dignity and respect, we extend hiring and promotional opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
• Our policy is to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of qualified disabled individuals and to provide them with employment opportunities to the extent practical without incurring undue hardship.
Innovative:Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial:Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
5-10 years:Detailed knowledge of NFPA, OSHA, BOCA, State Codes and JCAHO standards. Detailed knowledge of project management skills.