Westat is seeking a Facilities Engineer to support a large, national federal government survey. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties related to fixed-site and mobile facilities:
- · Travel to approximately 15 US locations annually for Identification of short-term (3-5 month) facilities supporting operation of mobile examination centers and fixed-site field office operations for a national survey;
- · Negotiation of lease agreements, permits, utilities subcontracts and other services associated with site operations. Tracking of agreements to ensure services are delivered correctly and on time;
- · Meet with local officials to promote the survey and ensure site operations adhere to necessary state and local requirements. Provide necessary engineering certifications or coordinate certifications from architectural firms and/or professional engineers;
- · Review of mechanical, structural, electrical, and operational fitness of mobile examination facilities consisting of 48’ and 53’ interconnecting semitrailers. Establishment and tracking of preventative maintenance plans and completion of maintenance activities; and
- · Creation of an annual schedule to ensure all aspects of site selection, setup, operation and teardown activities are completed on time for 15 locations annually. Each location consists of a mobile examination center and a fixed-site field office.
- · Plan, manage and adhere to schedules and budgets.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, specialization in Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- · At least 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- · Ability to travel 50% time extensively throughout the US, often with little advance notice.
- · Must be able to pass a Federal Government background security clearance for a public trust position.