Facilities Engineer Specialist
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Facilities Engineer Specialist. This individual will be responsible for managing and supporting a range of construction and renovation projects in Kabul, Afghanistan. Potential applicants must be willing to live and work at the assignment location.
- Performs engineeringinvestigations of facilities, equipment and operational issues.
- Conducts the facility assessments, code compliance and construction reviews.
- Responsible for the design, budgeting and execution of small engineering, maintenance construction/modification projects.
- Verifies that the quality of construction meets or exceeds generally acceptable construction standards
- Responsible for the scope definition, specification, budgeting and write-up into project proposals of larger engineering and maintenance projects.
- Responsible for facilities assessments with regard to all engineering disciplines, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and DDC controls.
- Defines work orders, small projects and large projects to address deficiencies found.
- Keeps the Management informed of the status of engineering and maintenance activities, and assists in the development of programs and budgets.
- Provides assistance to construction on engineering related matters such as: design and specification clarifications and changes, code issues, as-build drawings, field engineering, start up and scheduling.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and supervision of the preventive maintenance and work control programs.
- Handles confidential matters (personnel actions, management reports, etc.) in accordance with management policy.
- May be required to work outside on various job sites in extreme hot weather conditions.
- Performs duties in support of division metrics (as provided by supervisor).
- Provides documentation to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate legal documentation.
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Responsible for maintaining workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Informs management on project status and construction activities, and assists in the development of programs and budgets
- Maintains workplace program and ensures safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly reports
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Access, Excel, and Word
- Experience working with Deltek CostPoint and MSSharePointpreferred
- Experience working long hours and in hazardous, remote, and extreme environments
- Ability to manage vendors both face-to-face and utilizing remote monitoring techniques, to address issues and maintain project schedules
- Experience working in client-facing roles with USG agencies, such as DOS, DOD, and USAID
- Proven ability to direct staff and work with a diverse team, experience working with Afghan or other host country nationals strongly preferred
- Ability to manage workloads effectively, including adapting to changes, planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Ability to work effectively under stress and pressure
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information and make good decisions
- Education:Bachelor of Science in a relevant field (e.g., Construction, Electrical, Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering). An advanced degree and/or professional certifications are preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with comparable experience working on international projects, preferably with past experience in threat or disaster environments, and a demonstrated understanding of structural and electricalengineering, fire protection, and the architectural requirements necessary to properly maintain facilities.
- Security Vetting: Must successfully obtain or currently hold a Secret Clearance and must maintain eligibility at the requiredsecurity level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with all levels of employees and vendors. Ability to speak Pashto and/or Dari helpful.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.