Details: Excellent job opportunity with Belcan for a Facilities Engineer with a manufacturing client in Eaton, Ohio. The individual plans, directs, and coordinates activities and projects concerned with the design, construction, and modification of manufacturing and office facilities. Provides technical expertise and project management for various non-facilities undertakings as required.
• Designs and coordinates plant layout including machine placement, utilities, and provision for future growth working closely with manufacturing departments and senior management.
• Contributes to the implementation of various manufacturing improvements including 5S, Lean, etc.
• Acts as primary company liaison with architectural and construction resources, communicating company requirements
• Reviews building designs and monitors progress of projects.
• Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
• Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors and; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment and; conferring with equipment vendors.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
• Evaluates maintenance programs ensuring minimal equipment downtime by analyzing maintenance processes and recommending preventative maintenance programs.
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standard
• Tests newly installed equipment/machinery ensuring vendor fulfillment of contract specifications
• Maintains inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Company Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
• Application of Lean Manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
• Provide advice to legal counsel on construction acquisition related issues as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline (B. S.) or equivalent experience, or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to apply engineering principles and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in facilities design, facilities operations, construction, and equipment installation in a large manufacturing operation.
• At least five years of experience working with engineers, technicians, and a diverse group of external contractors to assess manufacturing and facilities problems, formulate potential solutions, and manage related projects.
• Demonstrated experience driving and maintaining a zero accident safety culture and experience implementing various manufacturing improvements including 5S, TPM, SMED and Lean principles.
• Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills required.
• Ability to utilize computer applications such as; AutoCAD, Word processing, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Internet software, E-mail, Manufacturing software, and Database software.