As a Facilities Engineer for John Deere’s Construction & Forestry division, located in Davenport, IA, you will be responsible for engineering design and project management of medium to large scope, complex projects associated with the infrastructure, facilities, grounds and production equipment. You will operate in a team environment and troubleshoot on related issues and equipment. In addition, you will:
- Coordinate outside and inside multi-discipline engineering and contractor personnel for the project design and construction activities
- Make decisions that have a direct effect on the outcomes of the project
- Maintain close budget cost control of the projects; budget control from budget creation, through the project closeout
- Solicit for competitive quotations and work closely with Supply Management on the quoting process
- Write and submit AFE's and purchase order requisitions for management approval
- Oversee contractor adherence to OSHA safety standards, factory specific safety standards and local/national building codes and regulations
What Skills You Need
- 4+ years of experience managing projects related to the industrial and facilities environment including concrete, roofing, foundations, layouts, etc.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Knowledge of local/national building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements for the factory and also OSHA requirements for contractors
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to support project management
What Makes You Stand Out
- Background in engineering (Civil/Structural/Architecture)
- Knowledge of product, process and facilities design
- Experience with non-mobile material handling systems (cranes, jibs, monorails, conveyors)
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental laws, regulations, and goals
- Knowledge of contract management and indirect materials and systems supply management
- Work experience with a UAW workforce
- Work experience in project management and business planning of large strategic projects that are complex or projects that involve sensitive topics
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience using engineering tools and Microsoft Office
Education (or equivalent experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.