The Facilities Mechanical Engineer will provide sustaining facilities mechanical engineering support for our clients’ site mechanical systems in the advanced technology sectors.
- Review and approve mechanical designs for assigned projects such as: compressed air systems, HVAC systems, chilled water plant, boilers and environmental compliance exhaust systems.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects
- Subject matter expert for mechanical systems including HVAC, chillers, Scrubbers and control instrumentation.
- Review cost estimates and budgets
- Work on multiple projects
- Read, review and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Lead project team(s) as required
- 5+ years’ experience in large-scale manufacturing mechanical engineering facility services support including: compressed air systems, HVAC systems, chilled water plant, boilers, environmental compliance exhaust systems (scrubbers) and control instrumentation
- Experience identifying, analyzing and solving immediate equipment issues
- Experience with mechanical engineering drawings in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) engineers and technicians.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Good Understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Familiar with facilities document control systems
- Experience with project planning, coordination and integration
- Experience with project close out: reviewing construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals
- Experience with CAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Experience working in an A/E environment as part of a Design/Build Team with GC’s or Direct to the owner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Required
- EIT certification is required
- PE Registration highly desired