Less than 5 years experience •
We have partnered with a large manufacturing company in the Moline, IL area to provide them with a Facilities Engineer.
- Provide Project Management for small to medium scope facility infrastructure projects typically up to $10M in capital spend including machine tools, production equipment, and other processes that support manufacturing and/or distribution operations.
- Project managementresponsibilities include cost, schedule, and quality control.
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate with the work of internal technical resources, external design professionals, and constructioncontractors from concept through implementation for your own projects or in support of other project managers.
- Perform engineering analysis of Civil or facility Architectural/Structural systems, make design decisions, and provide proposals for solutions to facility engineering issues at multiple factories.
- Support or lead execution of projects related to the infrastructure including non-mobile material handling devices (jibs, monorails, conveyors), roofing, internal/external concrete additions/replacement, racking, dock additions/replacement, manufacturing equipment moves, site modifications and building additions.
- Support and/or lead value engineering efforts to produce a cost effective design.
- Communicate and ensure a collaborative environment with high performance teamwork with Unit leadership, Manufacturing Engineering, environmental staff, supply management, maintenance, facilities staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Provide life, safety and building code analysis on facilities projects and support and implement programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Coordinate with internal Supply Management to develop project sourcing strategy and research market for qualified suppliers of materials and services. Prepare purchase requisitions for management approval
- Bachelor?s degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering or a related engineering discipline is required. MBA, PE licensure or PMP training or certification are a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Architectural or Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering systems and design is required.
- Demonstrated multi-discipline project managementexperience on projects of up to $10M in capital spend focusing on schedule, budget and quality expectations with the ability to prioritize multiple active projects simultaneously is required.
- Experience in procuring and coordinating multiple skilled trades, contractors, and outside consultants to achieve project objectives.
- Experience with applying engineering systems design principles in or to support a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience collaborating with factory leadership to deliver solutions that are aligned with factories' strategies and goals
- Knowledge of construction industry project delivery methods, controls, and constructioncontract management
- Experience with Building Information Modeling
- Working knowledge of building codes, OSHA Safety standards, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals
- Experience writing contracts for Architectural, Structural or Civil Engineering projects
- Ability and experience working as an individual contributor within a team culture and environment is required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) is required.
- Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills is required.
- Up to 15% of Regional travel will be required.
- US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn