$80K — $100K *
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most...that's what we do. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we'll be ready. Will you? At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in New Orleans, LA has an immediate opportunity for an early to mid-career level Facilities Engineer to join our mission supporting Lockheed Martin production operations at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF). Virtually every Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction, and execution management, which is performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a Facilities Engineer on our team, you'll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state of the art engineering facilities. We operate in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction project innovations. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. In this role, you'll use innovative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will.....
- Be responsible for technical, financial, and schedule performance associated with implementing and managing facilitiesconstruction and maintenance projects supporting Lockheed Martin programs and organizations
- Define requirements, prepare scopes of work, define implementation approaches, and prepare estimates and budgets (including labor, material, equipment, and installation costs).
- Plan, implement and manage the budget, schedule and technical requirements associated with the acquisition of equipment/materials, as well as the subcontract reconfiguration, maintenance and alteration of equipment and facilitiesinfrastructure (including office/furniture modifications and office relocations)
- Act as a primary interface with institutional supportcontractors at MAF, including coordination and scheduling of MAF utility outages affecting Lockheed Martin operations
- Occasional travel to other Lockheed Martin Space sites within the U.S.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of experience.
Join us. Let's do Space!
- Must have 4 years of prior experienceworking within a facilities operations environment
- Requires project management experience to plan, estimate and manage facilities projects.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows products including Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to navigate around equipment and facilitiesinfrastructure aligning to project management and space utilization planning roles and responsibilities (may include climbing stairs, ladders, etc. in order to access various areas required)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Bachelors degree preferably in an Engineering discipline, e.g. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Construction, etc.
- 5-6+ years of prior experienceworking within a facilities operations environment
- Familiarity with the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD to prepare and/or update office, furniture, and plant equipment layouts
- Also AutoCAD experience to calculate square footage utilization of office/manufacturing /warehouse areas, and prepare space utilization/occupancy reports, forecasts and space planning assessments is preferred
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate, and work with personnel and management from various internal organizations, external customers and contractors.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Public Trust
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Facilities
Valid through: 5/27/2021