The position seeks a professional in the electrical/power engineering field. The candidate will provide professional electrical engineering and project management experience to designated projects and assignments at the Space Systems Windsor Locks Business Unit. In addition to extensive electrical engineering knowledge and experience, the Candidate should have an understanding of facility maintenance programs, preventative and predictive maintenance practices, network/controls, arc flash, knowledge of facility systems including fire alarms, hazardous gas sensors, test rigs and specialized test facilities for aerospace applications, and energy management. The position will include aspects of facility and electrical design, analysis, and project management. This position represents Space Systems best interest at all times and requires a good understanding of the business and operational needs.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide electrical engineering support for manufacturing process / equipment and electricalinfrastructure within the manufacturing facility by designing, specifying, purchasing, and constructing electrical systems and components.
- Provide hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators, maintenance personnel, and other Facility Engineers and gaining intimate knowledge of processes.
- Provide technical expertise in electricaldistribution, facility maintenance, modification and installation of equipment, and electricalinfrastructure upgrades.
- Must work well with all functional groups and possess good communications skills at all levels. Will interface with Windsor Locks Campus Services, Test Engineering, Program Personnel, Engineering Lab Personnel and Space Lab Personnel.
- Support Space Systems with Electrical Engineering design expertise on a multitude of on going and upcoming electricalinfrastructure upgrades including transformer replacements, breaker upgrades, and low voltage and medium voltagedistribution.
- Network and controls experience a plus and the ability to perform failure analysis on electricalinfrastructure.
- Prepares agendas, develops and maintains scope, business requirements, performance specifications, procurement strategy, safety plan, master project budgets and timelines as required for each project and project phase to ensure overall project objectives and client needs are met. Keeps management apprised of progress at all times.
- Assists in the selection and contracting process of consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project.
- Ensures all project are implemented in accordance with the design and responds timely to questions related to field conditions. Conducts job pre-assessment to determine existing field conditions and to review all job safety expectations with contractors. Ensures all work is done in a safe manner and that customer and vendor welfare is addressed at all stages. Monitors progress against the schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties.
- Reviews requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project.
- Observes all corporate, building, and owner policies and procedures. Be the Electrical Safety Champion.
- Maintains high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance.
- Strives constantly to improve skill and work knowledge; keeps up to date in the field of specialization.
- Reports to immediate supervisor major problems and findings and results achieved with recommendations.
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Takes care of Power distribution to the facility, i.e. Amount of KW needed to supportfacilities and equipment and rigs in areas, transformers needed to step up power or step down power as required.
- Designs safety systems to tie into site securitynetwork.
- Supports all electrical requirements in lab areas, trouble shoots on daily basis any equipment that goes down.
- Oversees Fire Security and Industrial Security for Space Systems.
*Education / Certifications
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Professional license preferred but not required. Experience with control systems a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related experience in electrical/power engineering.
- Experience in engineering/construction project management/facilities management for a minimum of seven (7) years preferable.
- Equivalent combination of experience in an advisory and/or engineering supervisory capacity required.
- Hands-on experience with capital improvement design/construction projects preferred; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project), AutoCad.
- Excellent customer relations, customer management, and consultation skills required.
- Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility experiencerequired.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.