The Gigafactory Facilities Team is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer who has experience in both engineering and field commissioning. This person will be asked to work withelectricaltrades during various phases of construction, confirming that designs and drawings are being installed accurately in the field. This person will also be providing Energy Usage Calculations and Circuit Analysis for critical load throughout the plant.
- Perform Energy Audits, Provide Energy Usage Calculations, and Circuit Analysis for critical load throughout the plant and circuit protection for Voltage Sag for critical loads.
- Validation, optimization and efficiency analysis for cost savings and reduction of energy throughout the plant.
- Operate equipment and program/adjust medium voltage relays
- Prepare engineering specifications for bid invitation, performed bid evaluation and conformed bid evaluations for purchase
- Short circuit study and over current coordination by using easy power software.
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external design and construction resources, the Project Engineer will be expected to drive construction strategy and schedule and integrate with othertrade leaders.
- Should be able to provide base cost estimating services within the electrical scope and work withtrades to drive value for Tesla. This position will be field based and the person should be comfortable working on an operating manufacturing facility with ongoing construction activity
- Evaluate quotes related to any ongoing maintenance (preventative) activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering or evidence of exceptional experience
- 8-10 years of direct constructionexperience building high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines
- Medium Voltage equipment including – operating/maintaining the equipment, trouble shooting and programming /adjusting medium voltage relays.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and UBC codes and HAZMAT safety protocols
- Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level
- Proven track record of managing budgets and evaluating construction related quotes and contracts.
- Strong desire to be a part of a world class team focused on achieving amazing results