At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a mid-level experienced Facilities Electrical Engineer to support facilities and asset management operations in Huntsville, AL.
Huntsville, AL is a growing Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) site. This Facilities Electrical Engineering position is on a team of Facilities employees that ensure buildings and utilities are performing top notch to support the diverse work that Boeing does at this site. Come be a part of an exciting work environment that presents new challenges and diverse problem solving opportunities on a daily basis.
• Develops conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the electrical phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
• Reviews electrical designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials. Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies.
• Clearly communicates problems and issues to others. Collaborates with other engineering disciplines, maintenance and project management staff to develop cost effective solutions when problems or issues arise.
• Produces or procures detailed design documents. Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters. Coordinates designs and design reviews.
• Reviews and approves documents. Translates customer requirements into design options with documents and estimates. Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology. Develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices.
• Provides input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.