Industry: Engineering Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 258 days ago
Directs and oversees FMS team at the Hospital. Develops strategic plans and goals for FMS, takes lead role in strategic planning for FMS. Formulates business plans to drive growth of FMS. Collaborates in development of key success metrics for FMS. Manages results and ensures positive client relations at the Hospital Campus. Tracks FMS operations against industry standards. Serves as advisor for facility issues. Develops and manages expense and capital budgets for FMS Initiates and supports leadership development programs.
1. Organizes the FMS group to deliver best-practice services. Formulates, secures approvals and implements policies and procedures relative to ongoing FMS operations. Develops and implements a staffing plan and process/logic for the distribution of assignments to subordinate managers and their staff.
2. Leads and directs subordinate managers as follows and delegates these responsibilities to them. Provides advice and leadership on staff related decisions and ensures that staff is lead/supervised in a manner consistent wit the ICARE values.
a. Interviews and assesses candidates for positions and hires finalists.
b. Coaches staff and provides constructive criticism and feedback regarding the need for growth and improvement as-well-as reinforcement and recognition for strengths and accomplishments.
c. Conduct staff meetings and ensures regular communications; also exhibits a visible and approachable style such that staff feel comfortable in exchanging information and ideas.
d. Counsels subordinate managers and staff and works to resolve employee relations problems. Establishes standards, objectives and expectations consistent with departmental mission and hospital values and ensures staff understand and comply with these.
e. Conducts annual performance evaluations and ensures managers do likewise. When necessary takes corrective action including discipline and discharge, in consultation withDirector and Human Resources.
f. Provides orientation and opportunities for learning and growth. Provides for staff to attend appropriate training/educational opportunities and ensures that professional literature is available.
1. Participates in the implementation and management of business process systems which schedule, control, record, and track the labor and material costs associated with FMS. Ensures that managers understand and effectively implement these systems.
2. Develops a budget for the FMS group that is sufficient to execute mission while realistic given the Hospitals financial circumstances. Approves expenditures and monitors budget compliance. Delegates budgetary responsibilities to subordinate managers and ensures they control expenses and report/explain variances. Reports anticipated and unanticipated variances and provides associated justification or explanation.
3. Establishes and manages business relationships with external contractors, such as architectural, engineering firms and contractors. Recommends and participates in the selection of these individuals/firms.
1. Analyses and compares FMS practices with industry standards set by general industry benchmarks. Ensures that FMS operations meet or exceed industry standards.
2. Works with regulatory agencies at the state and local level to gain necessary approvals, resolve issues, and ensure regulatory requirements and building codes are met. Maintains a vast body of knowledge with regard to, DNV, JCAHO, OSHA, and other essential local, state and national standards and codes.
3. Maintains and enforces a safe work environment. Models and adheres to all safety policies, procedures and practices, including the wearing of protective clothing and gear. Ensure that tools and equipment are used appropriately and safely.
1. Assists in developing long and short-term plans for the expansion and renovation of the hospital as well as the operation and continual improvement of FMS. Plans and integrates projects and services such that the Hospital receives the highest desirable facility management services at the lowest possible life-cycle costs. Planning may involve such issues as: Facility Master Plan; strengthening engineering, design and construction capabilities to the Hospital; staffing for future scope; and so forth.
2. Collaborates in development of key success metrics for FMS. Monitors, scores and results. Ensures that organizational and client performance expectations are met.
3. Establishes collegial and customer-oriented relationships with Hospital leaders who are clients. Participates in meetings, providing feedback to TMH clients regarding status of projects, including scheduling and financial updates. Acts as liaison on behalf of client regarding project issues.
4. Serves on various Hospital committees as requested and offers insights regarding subject matter expertise as well as participates in decision-making process.
1. Takes a lead in development of strategic objectives and performance improvement goals for FMS. Participates in setting policies, standards and operating philosophies for FMS. Responsible for driving process change throughout the organization. Includes developing and delineating vision and strategy, gaining the commitment of others and implementing process change through others.
2. As a member of the senior leadership team, participates in strategic planning and in establishing policies, standards and philosophies for FMS.
3. Provides strategic direction and oversees FMS operations. Through managerial staff, ensures that FMS activities are carried out according to clients plans, contracts, budgets and expectations.
4. Maintains current knowledge of facilities management techniques and methodologies. Keeps abreast of new developments and emerging technologies. Recommends use of new methods or technologies where appropriate.
5. Maintains and enhances a professional body of knowledge including facilities management techniques and methodologies. Keeps abreast of new development and emerging technologies through reading, attending appropriate training/educational programs, and benchmarking with professional colleagues. Recommends use of new methods or technologies where appropriate. Seeks to continually improve processes, systems and consequent services. Initiates and/or implements process improvement methods.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degreerequired. Work requires the knowledge of business, general management and facilities management techniques equivalent to that normally acquired with the completion of a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or Healthcare Management. Masters degreepreferred.
Minimum of ten years of related work experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Work requires an advanced level of knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Licensure as Professional Architect or Engineer is strongly preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Highly developed leadership skills, including significant prior experience managing large groups of people and large-scale projects effectively. Ability to provide vision and strategy and drive process change throughout the organization
2. Advanced analytical skills to develop company strategic plans, business development plans and key success metrics. Ability to convert abstract strategies into operational objectives.
3. Advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills to solve highly complex administrative and/or managerial issues, and develop original solutions in situations with little or no precedent or established guidelines, such as responding to clients pressures for cost reduction.
4. Highly developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills for presentations to Hospital Management, state regulators and potential new clients, and preparation of plans and reports.
5. Highly developed interpersonal skills to interact, negotiate with and persuade others, in extremely sensitive situations. In addition to regular contacts within FMS, a significant amount of contact is with high-ranking officials from outside FMS, including the client and the community, in highly unstructured settings.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $95,000 to $140,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
Additional Compensation - $9,000 to $16,000
10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Professional Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or Healthcare Management?
Minimum of ten years of advanced level of knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction functions?
Facilities experience in any large hospital system