Description: In conjunction with the Chief(s) of Diagnostic Imaging, responsible for the operational, service and fiscal management of Diagnostic Imaging Services at a medical center (typically single inpatient setting and one or more outpatient settings). Manages full service, high volume inpatient and outpatient departments (7 days, 24 hours) which generally includes Radiology, MRI, CT, I/R, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, Cardiac Cath Labs and Imaging Files.
- In conjunction with the Chief(s), directs the operations of Diagnostic Imaging to meet the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members. Manages all administrative, technical and clerical operations of the department to ensure quality, access and budget goals are achieved. Coordinates the operations of department by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, developing/ monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Develops the planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations. Ensures imaging service levels are maintained during periods of construction and transition.
- In conjunction with the Chief(s) of Diagnostic Imaging, develops and administers imaging standards and protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping with service, value, quality, and access goals of the organization.
- Develops department budgets and applies and evaluates cost/benefits analysis of all medical imaging services and operations.
- Directs the management and resolution of human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Accountable for the on-going training and development of technical and administrative imaging staff.
- Develops and implements an Equipment Plan for the procurement, maintenance and replacement of imaging equipment across the service line. Ensures equipment and procedures are safe, functional and capable of meeting the diagnostic needs of the medical staff in a timely manner. Recommends the acquisition and implementation of new technology based on knowledge of developments in diagnostic imaging technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance programs. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a manager in a full service imaging department required.
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and a track record of previous administrative project initiatives, labor relations and human relations skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory standards required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience managing in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working and managing in a high volume imaging department within last three (3) years preferred.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Jose,San Jose Building 6 275 Hospital Pkwy.
Job Number: 676059