Working as a Director of Facilities, you are responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling functions and activities of plant operations and building renovations in the K-12 or higher education system.
This position is a Bench position. The role will provide management support to new and existing SSC accounts in K-12 or higher education settings. Travel is required and can be significant to include overnights. Ideal candidates will be open to relocating.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies, and procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations using computerized programs for preventive and corrective maintenance, construction projects, financial management, and energy controls
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, including the utility energy savings program
- Provides guidance, training, and motivation to staff
- Successfully provides effective client rapport
- Monitors work performance and prepare performance evaluations for personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience at the Director or Assistant Director level required
- Experience in construction management preferred