Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Construction Manager in the Washington, DC / Winchester, VA region to support a federal agency in the design and construction of a new facility in Winchester, VA. This position functions as the Construction Manager of a new records management technology center, consisting of a new Automated Storage Retrieval System (ASRS) and office space for over 400 personnel. This is a full-time position working in Washington, DC during the design phase and working in Winchester, VA during the construction phase over multiple years. This position involves the following responsibilities:
- Provide on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
- Provide support in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of assigned construction projects.
- Interface with clients to define project requirements. Majority of issues are tenant improvements and finishes.
- Review schedule, and aligns project work plan and deadlines with requirements.
- Monitor on-site processes, procedures, and systems for compliance with construction drawings, security requirements, and code compliance.
- Coordinate and monitor the completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle.
- Monitor and oversee the project design or construction effort, to include but not limited to risk management, security and safety compliance, etc.
- Attend meetings (on-site/off-site or video conferencing), and provides official project status reports per the frequency required (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc.).
- Assemble a high performance integrated project team when required, to include all stakeholders, manages communication, and manages expectations throughout the entire project.
- Assist the Contracting Officer and COR with acquisition planning, technical reviews, execution, and administration. Collects requirements, prepares SOWs, conducts market research, and develops sole source justifications, as appropriate. Assist the government representative in reviewing documentation.
- Provide project management support in any form, demonstrating compliance with all directives and other applicable standards to include, records management.
- Provide technical support on a daily basis to all customers, manages electronic documents, serves as the liaison for other customer groups related to all projects, provides expertise, monitors security related issues, and maintains a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, and external partners to include the architect-engineers, constructioncontractors, and othercontractors supporting the government.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to successfully work with all stakeholders including customers, regulators and property owners.
- Direct all construction and administrative activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established policies, project schedules, budgets, drawings, specifications, and procedures. Attends site visits and/or pre-bid conferences, coordinates construction activities with othercontractors and performs post occupancy evaluations.
- Assist with the transition of the project to those customers responsible for ongoing maintenance of space.
- BA or BS degree with at least 5years of experience or 10 years of experience in a construction, architecture, or engineering related field in lieu of the education requirement.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Registration as a licensed Architect
- Physical strength and stamina to perform strenuous climbing, crawling and walking required to observe all areas of the construction site
- Project Management of Federal Government construction projects is preferred.
- Professional certifications are preferred including Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCADD, Revit, Prolog, etc.
- Experience with coordinating with architects and engineers to create design and construction documents.
- Experience with reviewing design document submittals, reviewing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
- Fluent in project management principles and how to implement Project Management principles.
- Ability to analyze all relevant project-related information and communicate project status and major issues in writing or verbally.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications, interpret contract terms and conditions, working knowledge of CPM scheduling, communication skills, intermediate computer skills and Leadership skills.
- Must possess, or have ability to obtain, an active Top-Secret Security Clearance
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical thinking/Problem solving
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and organizing/Time Management
- Conflict Management
- Motivating Others
- Managing Performance
- Global Sensitivity
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.