As a Commissioning Engineer, you will be playing a critical role in commissioning the world's largest factory. You will work on a fast-moving team of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Safety, and Operations to confirm that facility systems are built, energized, and tested safely and in accordance with the design intent.
· Understand workings of electrical, mechanical, or process systems and their control strategies
· Enforce high quality standards for engineering drawings, project documentation, and construction workmanship.
· Work withEngineering and Construction teams to make provisions for commissioning and project completion in the design and constructionschedules.
· Lead and/or understand facility system/subsystem definitions and commissioning strategies
· Determine and communicate system dependencies and prerequisites
· Lead teams of technicians, vendors, and engineers to start up critical equipment and systems.
· Coordinate commissioning and construction activities to ensure simultaneous activities are conducted safely and cause minimal disruption to operations.
· Interface and lead technical discussions with vendors as well as engineers, construction leads, safety professionals, and facility operators.
· Quickly assess and drive resolution of technical barriers to completion.
· Manage work within a work permit structure.
· Mentor/train newcomers to the team and temporary staff-augmentation.
· Document templates, standards, and best practices for future phases/projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, or Chemical Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
· 5-10 years of experience with an EPC organization or owner Project Management team designing, building, and starting up industrial projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductors or equivalent high tech facilities.
· Strong character and self-motivation
· Basic understanding of plant Instrumentation and Controls systems
· Experience and understanding of project completion tracking software
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to read, interpret, and manage/suggest changes to:
· Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
· HVAC Air Flow Drawings
· Electrical One-line drawings
· Control Sequences and Narratives
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel for data management, tracking, and reporting of project status
· Willingness to spend significant time in the field as needed to complete objectives or obtain the correct information.
· Willingness to occasionally work odd hours to complete work scopes (i.e. during planned outages or turnarounds)
· Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.