This position will be responsible for managing the WHQ building facilities and properties In addition, this person will be responsible for managing the Burns & McDonnell corporate lease portfolio, which includes all regional, branch, and project offices across the country and some international locations. This person will interact with property managers at regional and branch office locations as issues arise through Burns & McDonnell’s leased premises in those locations.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following, with other duties as assigned by senior management:
Managing the Facilities:
- Oversee and supervise a team of project managers, designers, coordinators, and building maintenance to address facilities-related needs; this range from initial design and layout of new offices through architectural changes to the buildings (i.e. adding private offices, conference rooms, reconfiguring workstations, etc.).
- Strategize with Management for future space needs to accommodate headcount growth.
- Manage the moves, adds, and changes that are necessary.
- Collaborate with the property manager to track all building, grounds, and maintenance issues.
- Review and approve the operating budget for the building that is submitted annually to the building owner.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols as they relate to safe and acceptable practices in the office, including but not limited to parking, furniture, etc.
- Work closely with corporate marketing to align with branded interiors guidelines.
Managing the Real Estate Portfolio:
- Track all corporate leases (~60) and work closely with regional management, corporate and regional brokers to find space and negotiate leases that will best serve the business interests of Burns & McDonnell.
- Lead internal collaboration for the internal reviews with Legal, Insurance, and Accounting.
- Provide reports as needed to the Chief Administrative Officer and Regional Office President, detailing different aspects of the real estate portfolio.
- Assign a project manager to the project who will provide all of the design documents and manage the build out of new space, including the coordination of IT infrastructure, Security, Branded Interiors, FFE, and move management.
- Collaborate with Accounting to set up and track the assets, rent schedule, and changes as they occur through the term of the lease.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or related field from an accredited program. Minimum 20 years related experience in design and interior construction management, including 10 years or more project management experience in the architecture, interior design, construction industry.
This position requires:
- Broad knowledge of interior construction and all supporting disciplines.
- Proficiency in cost analysis of lease negotiations and property selection.
- Ability to review construction documents and specifications.
- Proven ability to develop working relationships with internal clients (regional managers and upper-management).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees and management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in the area of contract (lease) reviews and facilitating those discussions.
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer software (i.e., AutoCad-18, Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).