The Facilities & Asset Management Team in Auburn is seeking a Facilities and Asset Management Chemical Process Engineer to join our organization comprised of multiple plant engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will be part of an integrated team that includes Facilities & Asset Management’s Maintenance & Project Implementation Team focused on providing 24x7 Operational Health for our Business Partners in BCA’s Fabrication Business Unit.
• Ability to support Tankline operations teams such as Chemical Process Managers (CPM) and Management of Change (MOC) team requirements and maintenance work statement.
• Expertise needed to design and/or integrate new equipment associated with Waste Pre-Treatment Plant (WPP), Tankline upgrades including Scrubber Systems and Air Flow support equipment; Programmable logic controller (PLC) based systems and Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) networks.
• Increase capabilities of integrating safety requirements with functional requirements
• Knowledge and experience on system requirements associated with Paint Booths.
• Prior experience as a project engineer for Process/Chemical and multi-engineering projects including budgeting and scheduling
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and reports
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations to maintenance personnel.
• Specify system components or modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specification.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD
• Ability to work with cross-functional engineering team from multiple disciplines on larger design and installation projects
• Ability to develop meaningful preventive and predictive maintenance procedures and schedules for new equipment.
• Ability to determine root cause and corrective action for equipment problems
• Ability to determine and specify correct material of construction for various chemical solutions in order to provide equipment reliability and durability
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800086668