Job Title: Fabrication Quality Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Davenport, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This job fully integrates an individual into the engineering culture by performing specific quality engineering assignments that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required.
- Work plans and decisions are usually reviewed by others.
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate/facilitate quality plans for new products within the product delivery, order fulfillment or customer supportprocesses.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Gathers and analyzes data pertinent to quality tools in the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP), Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Performs quality audits, including supporting International Standards Organization (ISO) audits, and maintains quality manual.
- Inputs and maintains information in factory databases and systems.
- Monitors quality plan tracking system. Assists in reviews and investigations of warranty claim information.
- Metatarsal shoes and safety glasses required
- Must have excellent Communication Skills ? must be able to communicate well with wage, salary, and management personel.
- Must be results driven, be able to work independently, prioritize work, and complete projects following the 8D problem resolution methodology.
- Must have experience working in a team environment ? must be able to be held accountable to a team and hold other team members accountable to ensure we are able to meet our quality goals.
- Must be able to provide some work direction to wage employees.
- This is a full time position: 40hrs/week with some overtime, usually less than 10hrs/week and some (rare) Saturdays as needed.
- Engineering Degree Preferred, any discipline.
- 1+ Years of quality and/or fabrication and/or engineering experiencerequired.
- Internships are acceptable as experience.
- Hours are flexible between 6am & 4pm, but must start daily by 7:30am.
- Metatarsal Safety Boots will be required.
- Work Duties: Support Davenport Works fabrication operations.
- This includes responding to process and part quality issues to ensure robust and effective fabrication and assembly operations, and delivery of high quality parts to the vehicle assembly line.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are critical for success in this position.