This position works with new fabrics and finishes to meet market trends and consumer demands. This position is responsible for interacting with VFA and fabric mills and follows through with wet processing and product development.
- Coordinates fabric mill meetings.
- Works with trend manager to select fabrics and washes to meet market trends and consumer design.
- Oversees direction of wet process development of new fabric candidates.
- Reviews new fabric and finish development with Trend Manager and Product Management.
- Communicates fabric and pricing direction to GMS/Mills.
- Coordinates VFA fabric submissions in conjunction with domestic options.
- Communicates to GMS or Mills color development info by fabric.
- Coordinates all communication to GMS.
- Works with GMS to re-engineer or create new fabrics to meet consumer and market needs.
Design, Merchandising, Product Development, VF Asia, Fabric Mills
4 Year degree or equivalent experience in apparel and textiles
3+ years of experience in related field
- Ability to work within tight timelines and additional hours around key calendar deadlines.
- Strong follow up and execution skill set.
- Cross functional collaborator.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Self-starter with ability to set priorities, strong work ethic, and high initiative.