Wolfspeed is a growing part of the Cree organization. As a part of a newly organized team responsible for managing factory controls, there is an open position as a Defectivity Engineer in the Fab. Due to ITAR regulations, this role must be filled by a candidate who is a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Be instrumental in helping to shape the methods, tools, and mindset for data-driven defect reduction and in-line product validation in the RF and Power Wafer Fab
- Located in the thriving Research Triangle region of North Carolina, including locations that have been named best place to live in the entire U.S.
- Potential for future mobility within a strong-growth oriented company and a technology leader in Power and RF devices
- Work directly with technology directly contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Drive defect reduction as the primary defectivity owner for a given product family
- Accountability for optimized defect measurement recipes and defectivity tool management
- Learn and maintain direct, hands-on knowledge of the process, equipment, and technology by self-guided training and in-fab experience
- Participate in efforts to provide optimized measurement, including sample rates, of in-line product balancing factors including yield opportunities, capacity, research, development, high-volume manufacturing, manual operations, measurement equipment capabilities, and line process and equipment control
- Organize and drive cross-functional teams in key defect reduction efforts
- Participate in driving general best-practices for managing defectivity throughout process, equipment, and yield engineering
- Participate in supplier relations for fab software and equipment
What you need for success:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an engineering or science curriculum
- Minimum of 5+ years of semiconductor manufacturing experience
- In-depth understanding of Defectivity and Fab In-line Defectivity management
- General working knowledge of Photolithography, Etch, Deposition, Diffusion, Implant, thinning and thermal processing
- Working knowledge of SPC, OCAPs and in-line monitoring of both electrical performance and defect monitoring
- Must be a team player and have a "whatever it takes" approach
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years in defectivity engineering in a leading-edge semiconductor fab, with a track record of successfully leading defectivity reduction efforts as measurable in yield and reliability improvements
- Working knowledge of both Power & RFsemiconductor devices
- Exposure to ITAR regulations