In this role, you are responsible for leading a team of salaried professionals (both direct reporting and dotted line supporting) in all aspects of spare parts’ forecasting and inventory optimization for a 5th generation fighter propulsion system. This responsibility supports a global fighter aircraft operations and maintenance landscape, to include spare parts consumption for main operating bases, deployed units, and depot level maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade (MRO&U) centers and has good growth potential. You will exercise the opportunity to partner with outstanding professionals from a wide range of disciplines, including the engineering Component Integrated Product Teams, Customer Support Engineering, Diagnostic Trending and Analysis, Contracts, Legal, and the Program Management Office. As a result, you will have a golden opportunity to both refine and broaden our connections with both internal and external partners.
Individuals with a real passion for the delivery of world-class customer support services will thrive in this position. If you want to work in a company and with a work team that believes in a culture of continuous improvement, the delivery of the highest quality products and services, and teamwork to the hilt, this should be your best work assignment ever.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will coordinate and lead the front-to-back development of Initial & Replenishment Spares’ lists to supportcontractual proposals.
- This activity includes spares’ model input factors validation, model execution, post-model results review, and submission of final parts lists to our pricing organization.
- You will cap off these actions by leading efforts to prepare and deliver briefings to support subsequent spares’ list fact-finding and proposal negotiations with our US government counterparts.
- You will also use state-of-the-art inventory optimization tools to set and maintain target stock levels for spare parts, and to generate decision support data targeted to periodic inventory re-optimization efforts
BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Logistics Management or business field
- 5+ years of experience in material and/or logistics management, or supply chain management
- You will harbor 3+ years of experience with spares forecasting and/or inventory optimization
- 5+ years working withMS Office suite
- You will be a US Citizen, due to government contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Logistics Management or business field
- A practical working knowledge of the SAP materials management suite is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of PW/UTC internal supply policies, practices, and standard work is highly desired
- Grand familiarity with share point systems/processes is a real plus
- Familiarity with engine bills of material, spares configuration management databases, and spares forecasting tables is highly beneficial, as is an ability to organize, logically analyze, and present spares’ information pulled in from several systems of record
Job ID 01292433