Pratt & Whitney is seeking a motivated and fleet experienced representative, supporting the PW Operations Center primarily, and also the Lockheed Martin F-35 Product Support Integration Center (PSIC), as required on first shift. Working in the PW Operations Center, you will be responsible for processing Action Requests and working sustainment issues supporting the warfighter. You will utilize and work with the East Hartford based Fleet Management Center staff and Field Service personnel for status and issue tracking and closure. This role includes direct customer interaction with the Lightning Support Team (LST), Joint Program Office (JPO). This job will require an individual that is self-sufficient, can solicit help from the field, and ultimately make program decisions which will affect important propulsion metrics.
We are looking for and individual that can handle the responsibilities below:
- Support Internal/External daily meetings, reviews, and status calls while integrating responses with the PW support teams in Connecticut, Lockheed Martin and USG customers.
- Process Action Requests and Deficiency reports in support of F135 field requests.
- Create MERLIN messages to formally document issues to the Pratt & Whitney Customer Support Engineering (CSE) group as required.
- Maintain status documents as necessary.
- Process Action Requests in coordination with Pratt & Whitney, Lockheed Martin and Joint Program Office (JPO).
- Work closely with Pratt & Whitney East Hartford sustainment organization to resolve technical and logistical problems involving F135 engine operation and maintenance.
- Use initiative and judgment to identify problems, assist with investigations to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Casual overtime will be necessary - You will have to be willing and able to work 2nd shift, and weekend coverage occasionally to support team during periods when staffing is short due to vacations, MIL leave etc…
- Actively support ACE initiatives and ensure employee safety by following and supporting EH&S activities.
- Because the F-35 Fleet is worldwide, work during some holidays and weekends throughout the year will be required.
Would you benefit from a better life balance?
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development, and retention efforts through workshops and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement, and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines. This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. You are eligible for up to 3 work weeks paid vacation days each of your first 9 years. This amount is prorated in your first year based on the month you start with the company.
Birth and Parental Leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning so we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world.
More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
- 5+ years working on aircraft maintenance
- 5+ years with Microsoft Office experience
- U.S. Person
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Propulsion experience plus
- Experience working in F135/F-35 program
- Knowledge of the ALIS CRM tool is a plus
- Good interpersonal, teaming, and prioritization skills are required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering/technical/logistics field
Education: Bachelor's Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67807BR