The F135 Data Integration Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing data support for critical activities of the Military Engines F135 organization, such as field operations, product improvement, maintenance forecasting, part forecasting, business planning, proposal development and safety analysis.
-Data support typically entails analyzing data requirements and providing periodic reports and one-time data results.
-Creating database queries and procedural code, when existing queries and code are not sufficient to satisfy data requests.
- Performing analyses to ensure high data quality, including identifying and addressing erroneous data.
- Assisting in requirements specification, contractor guidance, and development of new data applications, such as for a new large-scale consolidated data system being built to support multiple engine data needs.
- Providing data management and database development services for existing F135 database systems to maintain a high level of database readiness and integrity.
Experience / Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in data management systems.
- Expert level in SQL to query and manipulate data in relational databases; extensive experience in writing stored procedures and UDFs is required.
- Advanced skills in Database Management Systems such as Oracle and Teradata including ability to automate processes using application code.
- Expertise in Business Intelligence and Visualization software such as Business Objects, QlikView or similar is required.
- Experience building custom ETL (Extract Transform and Load)
- In-depth understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Project management skills using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Self-motivated & capable of working independently as well as within a group environment.
- Able to work well in an environment that emphasizes continuous process improvement and process standardization.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance are required for this position.
- Statistical experience is a plus.
- Experience building MS Access databases and manipulating large data sets in Excel utilizing VBA.
- Basic knowledge in data cleansing techniques.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as VBScript and Python is a plus.
- Experience with frameworks for distributed computing, in particular Hortonworks implementation of Hadoop.
- Experience using USAF data systems, such as ALIS and F135-Maintenix.
Education: Education / Certifications
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, or related field.