Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Researches and compiles technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentation.
- Obtains data from review of documentation, interviews with client and project personnel, drawings, schematics, and reports, and the study of published material. Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Develops outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documentation to be used by both technical and non-technical users. Documentation includes: technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Proofreads and provides feedback on materials prepared by peers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Qualifications
- Must have effective written communications skills including formatting and grammar.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research and writing.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various word-processing and/or desktop publishing software applications.
- Familiarity with remediation of technical documentation to comply with accessibility standards such as 508 compliance.
- Experience with a human-centered design approach is preferable.
- Experience/background with DoD IT operations and/or government contracting is desirable.
- The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
- General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minimum Education Required:
- BA/BS degree.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least four (4) years of experience in management, technical or business analysis disciplines.
- Experience in analyzing program/project status and providing documentation to support project/program.
- Experience with ITSM based services.
- ITIL Foundation Certified (or achieve within six months of hiring).
Security Clearance: Secret clearance.