The F-22 program continues to advance its world class capabilities and is seeking a Level 1 Engineer in the area of
electronic systems design to support multiple program initiatives and avionics integration.
An Engineer interested in developing their career with Fighter avionics experience that includes design, decomposition and definition as well as test design verification, integration and re-composition is desired. The F-22 Mission Systems organization recently adopted Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe/Agile) work environment. The successful candidate will be a part of a SAFe/Agile work environment for a multi-faceted group and be an advocate for working, adapting, encouraging Agile Teams to operate within and adapt process to this new work environment in the area of electronic systems development. The successful candidate develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives. Position requires great attitude and willingness to learn, ensuring high quality, and strong collaboration.
1) Planning, design, development and verification of a highly advanced F-22 avionics sub-systems upgrade
2) Facilitating program level processes and execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive program level continuous improvement
3) Learning Lean and Agile, and helping to leverage the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a development project within an established weapon system
4) Acting as test focal, supporting Integration Lab testing
5) Requirements decomposition, test requirements generation, test planning, test procedure creation and test execution
6) Test results documentation, problem reporting, issues documentation and resolution, fault isolation of Aircraft hardware/software
7) Effectively working on a diverse team that partners Boeing with Lockheed Martin and the USAF
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required computer science, mathematics, or physics
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with software integration and desire to learn Fighter avionics.
- Desire to participate in collaborative environments as part of the Lean-Agile transformation.
- Current Secret clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain F-22 Program clearances
- Experience working in a lab
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Position will require up to 25% business travel.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Job ID 1700013188