Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of engineered rubber, plastic, and metal/flexible environmental sealing products used in a wide variety of industries. They have an opening on their Fairburn, GA Team for an Extrusion Engineer. The engineer will be responsible for interfacing with customers, engineers, new product designers and product launch to develop and optimize high value, cost effective new parts or system designs based on customer requirements
Top Reasons to Work for our Client:
- Recognized leader in their space with a Global client base.
- Employee first organization noted for progressive culture and work/life balance.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
What You Will Be Doing?
- Create original product design.
- Interface with customers to develop design.
- Work with customers to resolve product application issues.
- Direct tool design and fabrication.
- Manage any outsourced tooling.
- Monitor, measure, and report on departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Launching capex projects, which includes equipment quoting, procurement, installation, and implementation of new projects on time and within budget.
- Designing profile extrusion tooling.
- Developing and optimizing processes through machine and tooling modifications
- Support plant efforts to Improve efficiencies and reduce scrap cost through lean manufacturing and six sigma
What You Need For This Position?
- BS Engineeringdegree is required.
- Experienceworking with rubber profile extrusion and custom manufacturing is required.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD program is required.
- Plastic Profile Extrusion TPV, TPE, and PVC, experience is preferred.
- 5years relevant experience, including product design and development is preferred
So if you are a driven Extrusion Engineer looking to take the next step in your career, then apply today!