The ETL Developer is responsible for the development, enhancement and effective operations of data movement between various systems using ETL methodologies for UnityPoint Health.
- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing and debugging ETL to create a seamless data flow.
- Supports overall strategy for UnityPoint technology solutions as it relates to database and data warehouse development.
- Understands and evaluates business requirements and translates them into specific technology solutions.
- Database design, modeling and optimization as it relates to relational and data warehouse databases
- ETL design, development and implementation with a seamless data flow.
- Recommends innovative solutions that support business transformation through technology.
- Contributes to technical design sessions with data warehouse teams to produce detailed design specifications to ensure that architecture standards are followed.
- Ability to excel in the rapidly evolving health care industry and data warehouse field.
- Performs quality assurance and change control functions on changes moving to production.
- Works incident tickets including problem isolation, analysis, and root cause and solution implementation.
- Provide 24x7 night and weekend on-call coverage as scheduled. May assume additional on call responsibilities as directed by manager.
- Provides status reports on a regular basis for assigned active projects and tasks.
- Actively addressing issues, taking ownership of projects, understanding priorities and urgency, anticipating and preventing issues, knowing when to escalate an issue and strong communication skills.
ETL Production Support
- Monitor, troubleshoot and analyze ETL process failures, data anomalies, inconsistencies and other ETL related issues identified by monitoring, technical staff, and end-users. Effectively communicate findings.
- Provides technology consulting and customer service support:
- Updates status to affected groups; including regional business partners, Analytics and IT.
- Deliver additional ETL tools and/or products to improve the use of business data in the decision-making process.
- Work with vendors to evaluate new systems, new modules for existing systems and new capabilities that need to be implemented to maintain proper service levels and to support critical healthcare reporting.
- Perform the necessary technical installation and configuration steps to implement these systems as well as work with the vendor to troubleshoot and resolve any application bugs.
Customer Service & Project Management
- Meets with leadership on a routine basis to identify and prioritize the department and organization’s needs.
- Contributes to work effort & timeline estimation of projects and assists project managers in setting and meeting user expectations. Manages individual priorities and tasks to meet such timelines and actively contributes to project status reporting processes to identify and mitigate risks.
- Provide effective and timely communications to business partners, Analytics and IT teams of system
- Maintains complete and up-to-date project documentation for all assigned projects and supplies updates to leaders, peers and business partners.
- Coordination with Infrastructure teams to plan and test system and hardware maintenance.
- Prepares clear and complete complex specifications, designs, test plans, and operations documentation.
- Coordinate with both IT and Analytics Infrastructure teams to develop/execute an Infrastructure Roadmap including: hardware replacement cycles, system software upgrade plans, and hardware maintenance windows and procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation of departmental and interdepartmental policies and procedures, job functions, operating procedures, manuals, and system documentation.
- Provide solutions for application issues and complex support for trouble shooting difficult situations. Acts as the group resources for complex issues needing resolution
- Performs other duties as requested by Department Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the department
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration preferred or equivalent work experience if the previous experience applies to the specific systems.
- 3+ years of ETL development
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge
- SQL Server Integration Services preferred
- SQL Server Reporting Services preferred
- Familiarity with common business tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, etc
- 1-2 years of experience working with Epic in a healthcare IT
- 1-2 years of experience with Epic Clarity ETL Console
- 1-2 years PowerShell experience
- 1-2 years .NET experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with database management systems, preferably Structured Query Language (SQL) Specifically the ability to read and modify complex Transact SQL queries which may include calculated fields, aggregating row level data, and use of functions. Design and development using SQL Server tools (SQL Management Studio, T-SQL, SSIS, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with ETL principles and best practices, including error handling, logging & alerting, scheduling and job control.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and proficiency in, project management principles and best practices including organization, time management, prioritization skills.
- Skills in managing work queues of Incidents and Requests under one or more leading IT Service Management solutions, preferably ServiceNow.
- Ability to initiate timely follow up and be a self-starter with the ability to manage and complete abstract assignments.
- Ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with managers and team members in multiple teams, departments and regions. Ability to maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must be flexible and open to incorporating new tools, functionality and solutions in order to deliver best results to the business.
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal communications skills and the ability to understand and communicate concepts and recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and best practices (preferable SAP BusinessObjects).
- Thorough understanding of data architecture and database designs.
- Basic understanding of various quality and performance improvement methodologies as applied in a healthcare setting.
- Understanding of Epic Clarity ETL Console, including deep experience implementing, best practices, including error handling, logging & alerting, scheduling and job control.
- Proficient in tuning performance of complex database structures, queries and procedures to optimize ETL performance and user query response times.
- Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities, which arise, in a complex multiprocessing environment is crucial.