ighland Capital Management, L.P. is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment manager. Founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada, Highland operates across a variety of asset classes and structures within the alternative landscape including hedge funds, separate accounts, distressed and special situations private equity, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), mutual funds, and ETFs. The firm’s diversified client base includes public pension plans, foundations, endowments, corporations, financial institutions, fund of funds, governments, and high net-worth individuals. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in New York, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, and Seoul.
Highland Funds seeks an external wholesaler to provide field sales coverage to new and existing relationships in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. The wholesaler will work with Independent Broker Dealer (IBD), Wirehouse, and RIA channels to sell liquid alternative mutual funds where Highland Funds are embedded.
The job requires the ability to establish credibility and build rapport with financial advisors as a spokesperson of the firm to promote the Highland Funds in an effort to increase and maintain assets under management. A high level of professionalism and diligence in meeting client expectations will be essential to increasing the quantity and quality of effective partnerships.
- Experience wholesaling within the independent broker dealer channel required
- Must have experience selling liquid alternative mutual funds
- Must be willing to travel heavily throughout the territory
- Must have a proven track record of sales success
- Must be capable of creating relationships, and maintaining and strengthening existing relationships
- Must be a "self-starter", and self-motivated as demonstrated by level of competitiveness (concern about he/her ranking ability to beat out prior sales results)
- Must work with a team as demonstrated by having respectful relationship with internals; have group involvement with other wholesalers, shares sales ideas, etc.
- Must manage territory efficiently and with a level of organization as demonstrated by their ability to develop and follow a plan, manage T&E's appropriately, making efficient use of time with clients (gets the most out of each visit), approaches office appropriately/wisely, targets right individuals
- Must have demonstrated level of intelligence-analytic and quant ability, ability to grasp and articulate complex topics
- Innovation-always looks for new ways of doing things internally and in the marketplace
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-4 years current wholesaler experience with a successful track record
- Relevant financialdesignations