This position will be an integral member of the External Reporting team. General responsibilities will include preparation of SEC filings and other statutory filing requirements. Role will also include cross-functional collaboration and continuous improvement initiatives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the preparation of all aspects of Form 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, and other financial related SEC Filings and other consolidated statutory filing requirements
- Manage and coordinate the quarterly review process and annual audit process with external auditors
- Assist the Director of External Reporting in the development and implementation of financial standards and internal controls across the global organization, including coordination with Internal Audit
- Manage the documentation, review and maintenance of the Corporate Controller Policies and Procedures
- Manage the preparation of materials related to the annual goodwill and intangibles impairment analysis
- Manage the annual actuarial valuation of the Company’s material pension plans
- Key resource on technical accounting topics and support Global Business Units and Corporate on technical accounting questions/issues and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Stay abreast of new accounting/auditing pronouncements and related authoritative literature to gain an understanding of their impact on the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 process and Policies and Procedures
- Critical focus on Continuous Improvement initiatives that increase the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of all external reporting deliverables.
- Assist with due diligence and purchase price allocation on M&A projects
- Own and maintain the Company’s global account reconciliation program and monitor business unit compliance with account reconciliation policies
- Works closely with others in the department as well as other departments at the Corporate office
- Other job related duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Skills
- Requires a BA/BS in Accounting - CPA certification preferred.
- Requires 6+ years of experience either in a Big 4 public accounting firm or persons with a combination of public accounting and industry experience with SEC reporting and internal control experience preferred.
- Requires strong working knowledge of GAAP, SEC, ASC/FASB and technical accounting pronouncements.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who shows initiative.
- Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for work outcomes.
- Excellent computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Excel and Word. Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), SAP and other software a plus.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to take work direction from several people and effectively prioritize duties.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and to influence effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.