The External Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with elected officials and other important external constituents. This position will serve as a point of contact for state and other key policy-makers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for the entire organization around regulatory agencies and standards.
- Serves as a proactive change agent for the organization around regulatory readiness and assists the organization with the integration of standards and requirements along with identification of possible barriers and areas of noncompliance.
- Engages in the direct lobbying of key decision-makers and conducts research on pending legislation.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for state legislators.
- Supports departmental initiatives as directed including a departmental strategic plan and assists in the execution of key priorities