The External Affairs Manager role will be responsible for managing all of Comerica's External Affairs programs for Southeast Michigan including but not limited to community contributions budgets, brand management, reputation protection and regulatory/exam preparation.
Successful incumbents possess the ability to effectively manage multiple detailed tasks simultaneously; deep understanding of intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships; strong sense of accountability for performing responsibilities in a timely and high-quality manner; highly collaborative work style and possess strong analytical, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage community relationships among community, civic and government leaders, as well as nonprofit organizations. Represent Comerica on nonprofit community boards and at events where the bank has a vested interest. Lead and set the agenda for Comerica's Community Development Advisory Council in the market. Serve as a Chief Spokesperson for all community related issues.
- Manage the CRA program in collaboration with CRA Compliance Risk to ensure that Comerica has a strong presence in the necessary CRA assessment areas (as designated by CRA) and provide the necessary data to CRA Compliance for regulatory review. Work closely with CRA Compliance to analyze and access data to make recommendations and develop programs to meet the needs of the community. This may include an investment through contributions, service credit through volunteerism or board membership and programming, etc. Create financial literacy and/or other CRA qualified programming as needed.
- Manage CRA qualified investments and services in Southeast Michigan.
- Manage community volunteer program.
- Manage financial education programs including Comerica Business, Money,
- Education, Sports and Church $ense programs.
- Advise and update Market President on community affairs issues related to:
- 1) Community involvement
- 2) Community events
- 3) Board commitments
- 4) Community needs
- Manage all External Affairs programs for the Southeast Michigan Market.
- Manage External Affairs Contributions Budget as well as recommend and advise on CRA qualified investment opportunities.
- Manage all COI relationships including interaction with colleagues at all levels of the bank, manage relationships with senior executives and business partners across all regions, divisions, and business lines.
- Manage reputational risks, brand protection and enhancement responsible for generating positive media. Counsel executives and management on issues impacting Comerica's community involvement and reputation. Advise Corporate Marketing on community related press releases as well as manage externally generated Comerica related press opportunities to ensure compliance with Corporate Communications and Marketing standards.
- Manage CRA Compliance and date management for regulatory reviewing working in close collaboration with CRA Compliance Risk and CRA Systems Analysis.
- Manage community relationships with in-market sports teams.
- Attend various community activities during the evening and on weekends as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 7 years of experience in community relations; serving on a nonprofit board and building relationships with civic leaders; and data analytics
- 5 years of experience managing a multi-million-dollar budget
- 2 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products including C++, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook