At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle it's the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best
The purpose of this role is to consistently deliver post construction services which meet or exceed Shawmut?s goals thorough trainings, properly managing the extended warranty process, and facilitating relationships with clients, subcontractors and Shawmut staff.
- Acts as a technical and managing resource for on-site warranty events, coordinating with appropriate field organization or groups on an as required basis. Is responsible for ensuring warranty events meet established standards in processing timeliness and quality.
- Reviews all information available to assess entire warranty claim. Determines whether warranty claims fall within scope of warranty, and whether claim is based on defective work during project delivery. Works with project team to ensure responsible party is held accountable.
- Utilizes facts and resources to approve processing of warranty claims within delegation of authority. Escalates high dollar and exceptional claims through the appropriate process.
- Establishes relationships with potential third party service providers to ensure available network of on-call third parties to perform warranty work as necessary.
- Tracks and reports costs for corrective work to appropriate personnel to ensure costs are catalogued for reimbursement where appropriate.
- Coordinates communications among various stakeholders, including applicable business line based on client, project team responsible for original project delivery, client and subcontractors as necessary. Identifies and tracks trends regarding defective subcontractor delivery/performance and reports those to purchasing directors for consideration on future project awards to those subcontractors.
- Determines best practices for managing extended warranty claims and standardized processes and procedures yielding consistent quality that can be measured and tracked.
- Provides hands-on support, interpretation of warranty policy, guidance on pricing and warranty claim processing, system expertise, and ad-hoc training on a daily basis for project teams and business lines to enable sales of additional extended warranties.
- Responds to emergencies immediately after being notified ensuring scheduled plans are clearly communicated and followed-up on with internal and external clients.
- Coaches and guides clients toward resolving issues.
- Provides updates, follows-up, tracks and monitors issue until closure.
- Proven ability to manage elements of the project management construction cycle profitably and with strong client outcomes.
- Prior experience in a service related role with direct client contact.
- Construction related degree and/or 5-7years?experience in construction industry, building/facilities operations
Additional Role Specific Skills:
- Experience in/with constructiontrades a plus but not required.