EXPORT TEAM MANAGER
Company is seeking a long-term, reliable Export Team Manager with strong customer service skills . This candidate assumes an intricate role in our team; this person will manage an export team from quote to delivery. As an operations leader, this person is responsible for maintaining healthy, mutually beneficial relationships with international freight forwarding vendors and regulatory agencies.. Candidates must be accommodating to different cultures and willing to work with people that may possess few English-speaking skills.
PREREQUISITES & GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- • Must possess 7+ years of industry experience
- • Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills
- • Confidence and decisiveness
- • Promote and ensure strong team environment
- • Effective delegation and leadership traits
- • Continual desire to learn & expand knowledge through trade magazines, programs, training, etc.
- • Strong computer skills and efficient use of Windows, OSX, MS Office, etc.
- PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Direct, active interaction with assigned export team to ensure awareness of all activities and
- taking lead role in problem resolution
- Responsible for staff motivation and departmental communication
- Lead weekly departmental meetings for assigned export team. An agenda should be planned for
- each meeting, minutes and attendance recorded.
- • Technical assistance for account executives
- • Strong customer service skills
- • Ability to assist in the finalization of sales/contracts and fostering strong customer retention
- • Active participation in sales/management meetings to help develop sales and keep the flow
- between operation/sales open
- • Rate/contract negotiation with freight carriers
- • Ensure vendor compliance w/ Company's service standards
- • Quote/shipment preparation
- • Development and implementation of operational SOP's
- • Strong customer service skills which will help retain and develop new customers
- • Processing export shipments as needed to ensure high quality standards
- • Monitor export shipments for adherence to department standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- • Work closely with all departments