$80K — $100K *
About the role
We are looking for a Field Project Coordinator to plan, manage, and oversee the delivery of operational and logistical support services across multiple projects so that all support resources, facilities, and services are provided for safe and effective field operations (e.g. drills, remote camps, site preparation).
This role requires the ability to travel to remote project locations in Canada. The work schedule is 14 days in field (can be up to 21 days if the project requires), 7 days of leave and 7 days at the Office.
This role is a great opportunity to support multi-disciplinary field teams and provide technical/operational advice to exploration projects operating in the United States and Canada. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will:
• Manage the deployment of contractors, equipment and other resources to meet project requirements;
• Establish contracts with external providers of operational support and logistics services; set and monitor service level agreements and undertake related reporting.
• Oversight and management of drilling contractors for compliance with HSEC and operational requirements;
• Oversight and management of remote camps, including construction, day to day operations and closure;
• Manage and report on expenditure for operational support and project budgets;
• Oversight training and induction processes for Exploration staff and contractors within the District ensuring understanding and commitment to comply with Rio Tinto HSEC standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements;
• Manage all equipment and oversee the storage of equipment and ensure an efficient and effective equipment management system is used with inventories as required.
• Work with Project Managers and Exploration Managers to understand project requirements and advice on District and project operational support and logistics needs; participate in project planning, risk assessment and related activities.
• Significant role in problem solving associated with implementing HSEC standards for the District/Projects. Identifies and decides what level of intervention is required to mitigate risks.
• Participate as a member of the District RTX operational support and logistics team to prioritise, coordinate and deploy resources, including staff, contractors and equipment, to address planned and changing support needs across a number of projects. Collaborate to solve common problems and share solutions and learnings.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Trade certificate with relevant experience, technology diploma or University degree (asset).
• Tertiary studies in sciences, project management, safety or occupational health is desirable.
• At least 5 years of related experience;
• Driver’s license required;
• Strong safety mindset;
• Experience establishing and managing remote camps with a strong working knowledge of the particular requirements and challenges of operating in isolated and/or remote, field based environments;
• Excellent problem solving skills to develop and apply creative approaches to a range of operational problems (eg. technical, logistical, terrain, equipment, staff and contractor management, health and safety, environment, community and stakeholder, government liaison, legal and compliance issues)
• Well-developed project management skills
• Well-developed leadership skills to supervise and manage staff undertaking varied tasks and working in dispersed teams, including the ability to manage external contractors;
• Strong communication and representational skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong and productive working relationships with a wide range of people including within a cross cultural, multi-language environment.
• The ability to develop and manage budgets.
Exploration is a global operation dedicated to discovering new mineral resources to replace and/or supplement those already mined by the Rio Tinto Group. The work environment covers all geographic areas and time zones. It requires operation in co-located and virtual teams, in field and city locations, supported by effective collaboration, building relationships and continued engagement.
Valid through: 12/7/2020
$150K — $200K
8 days ago
$80K — $100K
16 days ago