What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated individuals to be responsible for credit decision engine rules for risk management of Automotive, RV, and Marine portfolios. Collaborate with business, risk department, model development, and IT teams to maintain, develop and optimize the credit risk policy rules.
Responsible for managing a team of analysts that will implement/modify the credit risk policy in the business rules management system. Maintain the rules infrastructurerequired for internal and regulatory compliance. Collaborate with business, risk, and model development teams to identify rules/data analytics opportunities; to design and execute tests; to develop and automate reporting related to data quality control and risk rules.
1. Administration of credit decision engine:
· Ensure the management of Expert Systems (credit decision rules engine) for automotive consumer finance
· Maintain and optimize risk policy in our internal tool for credit seeking risk segments (super prime, near prime, prime, and sub-prime segments)
· Develop a “test & learn” approach to constantly improve our decision-making system
· Maintain the decision support system risk governance according to internal policy defined by Bank of the West and BNP Paribas Personal Finance
· Define technical and functional tests to ensure the quality of development
· Conduct post-production quality assurance tests to validate rules results
· Be autonomous and responsible for deliverables, timelines, and follow-up of expert system development projects
· Work in agile mode to adapt quickly to environment changes
2. Quantitative analysis:
· Conduct quantitative and statistical analysis to optimize credit risk policy
· Simulate impacts of modifications on approval, risk, and automation rates
· Provide analysis and support for scoring model strategies in operational environment
· Implement business rules optimization methods for decision-making systems
3. Reporting & Data Management :
a. Develop, maintain and optimize data extractions for reports and analysis
b. Develop and maintain expert system monitoring (definition of KPIs, and reporting)
c. Build and maintain controls to guarantee the quality of data (scoring, decision-making, customer)
d. Define and follow-up action plan in case of alert
· Bachelor’s Degree with 4 to 6 years in a directly related quantitative analytics position.
· With Master’s/Advanced Degree, combination of education and experience will be considered
1. Previous management experience in a credit risk and support systems environment
2. Strong knowledge of data management and decisional tools applied in a credit risk management environment.
3. Strong knowledge of bank products, processes and business practices
4. Strong knowledge and understanding of IT environments and workflows
5. Familiarity with technical project management: analyze and translate business specifications into programming language logic
6. Significant experience in decision engine rules management, experience using DiligenSE is preferred.
7. Strong quantitative skills in such areas as econometrics, statistics, hazard modeling, and time series analysis
8. Experience with large datasets and knowledge of statistical tools such as SAS
9. Familiarity with leading risk management practices and applicable regulatory guidance