Here is a little taste of your challenge...
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in Java.
- Be a contributor to our system architecture, able to prototype proposed solutions
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
What we expect from you
A great Java Software Engineer at TomTom can’t be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Your Java programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive. Same goes for your SQL/Database knowledge.
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve visual simulations of complex data structures.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- You are working with automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
- You might have knowledge in one (or several) of these areas: Maven, Spring Framework, JUnit/Mockito, Web services, Apache/Tomcat, Log4j.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with. Our workspace is located in Lebanon New Hampshire.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom’s founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a “start-up”, but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
- Compensation includes a generous base salary plus bonus, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k).
- Relocation is part of the package!