Job Description Summary:
The Information Services Consultant isresponsible to serve as an Information Systems expert, influencing one or more technical areas within IT. The position assists all company management personnel on IS/IT planning and issues, providing input and guidance toarchitecture andtechnology decisions. The position also assists with the selection oftechnologies, tools, techniques, and/or processes as appropriate to solve business and IT problems. An ISC will typically own or co-own the responsibility for one or more Enterprise Wide TechnicalArchitectures (EWTA) component areas. The ISC actively participates in various projects as needed to assist with solving technical problems or advancing workassociated with owned component areas.
- Develops and manages architecture design, implementation, and governance. Influence technology decisions covering any areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with business units, internal and external customers to understand business requirements. Ensure productive, collaborative, cross-departmental communication and coordination of activities. From these requirements responsible for establishing overall technical direction in areas of expertise.
- Involved with vendor and product selection to ensure adherence to architecture standards. Assist with selection of hardware, software, systems, techniques or methodologies. This is to include active participation in RFP processes, technology assessments and/or pilot implementations.
- Evaluate and monitor projects to ensure that they adhere to established architecture, infrastructure and framework guidelines.
- Allocate majority of time focusing on tactical/operational functions including training, mentoring, coaching, problem solving, measuring, reporting and refining best practices. Allocate remaining time to focusing on strategic functions, such as direction setting, research, training, pilots, and policies.
- Assist with project planning, priorities, and milestones and/or deadlines for any projects or project subtasks involving active participation.
- Identify and quantify cost savings opportunities.
- Provide benchmarks and key metrics as applicable on at least a quarterly basis to substantiate and/or document recommendations.
- Responsible for delivering reports and/or presentations to various stakeholders, including business owners, steering committees and executive management.
- Core Systems: Java, Spring, JBOSS Fuse (Karaf, ActiveMQ, Camel), Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere MQ, Webservices (CXF), UI: ExtJS, JSF, Struts, Database: SQLServer, DB2
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; five years related experience and/or training with two years project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.