WarnerMedia seeks an Expert Software Developer for the Content Platform Svcs department. The Expert Software Developer is responsible for providing expert technical design, coding, testing, implementation, advice, and support of custom and packaged software applications of the most critical and complex nature. This may include expert problem resolution, systems integration, basic architectural guidance, and mentoring of other team members.
- Participate in the analysis of customer and vendor requirements and provide technical direction on the creation of detailed program design specifications for high complexity user interfaces, application enhancements, new functionality, and backend processes in collaboration with customers, Business System Analysts, and other project team members. Assist project management in estimates as requested. 10-30%
- Develop and modify complex, deadline-intensive, and/or mission-critical applications using advanced programming tools. Document all code using standard forms and procedures, and review others¹ work as appropriate. Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs. 40-50%
- Recommend process, methodology, and tool changes in conjunction with Architects and QA to best meet the needs of the department and client. Mentor and assist other developers in the use of programming techniques and reusable code. 10-15%
- Work with Quality Assurance to participate in unit, system, and user acceptance testing based on an understanding of the development lifecycle. Mentor and assist other developers and QA Analysts in code review and complex test scripting scenarios. Ensure that code created by the project team is ³clean, ² efficient, and bug-free. 10-20%
- Participate in architectural recommendations/decisions and work with other infrastructure groups as applicable to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases, peripherals, or other technology. 20-30%
- Provide the highest level of technical production support for applications, assist others with complex problem resolution, and respond with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner. Work with Business System Analysts, Project Managers, or other management to recommend process or system enhancements. 10-20%
- 3+ years of experience programming in mainstream enterprise level languages, including Node.js and/or Go.
- At least 3 years web front end stack development experience, preferably with at least 2 years of React, SystemJS/JSPM or webpack, Redux/Flux.
- At least 2 years of experience with document-oriented databases, such as MongoDB or Dynamo DB.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to collaborate with the team, including participating in design sessions, story grooming sessions, and code reviews Understanding of RESTful API design.
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools, such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins.
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker.
- Experience working on a team using an agile methodology (SCRUM, FDD, XP, DSDM, etc.).
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure environment AWS(preferred), with focus preferred on Lambdas, EventBridge, StepFunctions and cross account permissioning.
- Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support.
- Significant interface design and development experience.
- Experience with Unit and Automated testing methodologies.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands