Kansas City, MO
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 65 days ago
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organized into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the role
As Expert Business Analyst for International Insurance Program, to work with a core team of IT and business experts to define and develop the system requirements for International Insurance Program. Will be responsible to document, share and align proposals with the business and translate these needs into system requirements for IT build teams.
Will define how the IT system for International Insurance Program is built with an end to end view on process and supporting systems. Build an understanding of current capabilities within the organization and will identify the focus areas to address to support future delivery. Since the IT system landscape involves multiple systems, this role will be responsible for defining the integration needs and coordinating those integration activities with other involved systems.
• Actively participate in the work of the International Program Business Project Team to develop the key process elements
• Work with business partner to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs
• Understand what technical integration work is required for automated execution of the business processes, including both existing and new IT applications and IT systems
• Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions
• Obtains key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution interdependencies
• Engages with knowledge workers to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing systems
• Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
• Create designs for technical solutions to resolve business problems and tryout components of new systems for efficiency.
• Reach out to clients and project leaders in the course of work in order to identify and evaluate user and business requirements.
• Create and facilitate efficient and cost effective solutions and analyze systems specification to meet business requirements.
• Supervise all integration processes with clients and other external systems
• Ensure clean and accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, client requirements, and technical specifications, and write findings in form of reports, which may be used in professional publications.
• Ensure that all documents are safely kept and accessible for future reference, and carryout routine testing of
software patches; assist with new releases, and approve all User Acceptance Testing.
• Facilitate professional and constant communication with overall users on the status of production problems that might arise and inform them about ways of resolving issues.
• Monitor queue to ensure that all necessary orders are checked and released on time.
• Carryout research on how IT systems are used and suggest ways for systems improvement and efficiency. • Manage ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT
Ancillary Responsibilities -
• Business know-how and relevant experience in an operations or IT function supporting the administration of
International Insurance Programs and Commercial Insurance Contracts
• Relevant business and system analysis experience in the development of IT requirements for complex business problems.
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
• End-to-end understanding of the insurance value chain
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience in people and team management
• Project management experience
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, work independently and deliver high-quality products under pressure
• Good understanding of IT related best practices and processes
• Fluent in English, other languages are an asset
• Willingness to work in a global team
• Goal-orientation and willingness to continuous learning
About the team
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who has passion for understanding business domain and implementing IT systems for insurance business, to join our highly skilled global team. You will join a group of energetic and highly skilled personalities with a diversity of backgrounds, all thriving in a fast-paced environment that requires client-focus, interest in the business, a great deal of creativity, and most importantly team spirit and personal resilience. You will work closely with many business units and projects which will allow you to actively leverage your business domain, management and technical skills.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and experience in IT business analysis for commercial insurance business with special preference for knowledge and experience in international insurance programs implementation.
• Degree level or equivalent in relevant computer science subject
• At least 7 years Business analysis with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
• Solid exposure to all aspects of commercial insurance business analysis including expert level knowledge of business functions: Underwriting, Claims, and Business Services experience are the primary business skill sets required, with familiarity of Policy Administration, Claims Administration, Underwriting, and Technical Accounting systems in the insurance industry.
• Exposure to SCRUM, RUP Methodologies and ITIL Framework
• Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in the business process, and suggests areas of improvement
• Knowledge of international insurance program business and processes a strong plus
• Experience in IT system implementation for commercial insurance business
• Ability to lead/manage a team composed of various skills and levels, e.g., Architects, Business and Systems
Analysts, Solution Developers, Testers, Trainers, etc. for complex problems and solutions
• Ability to review, analyze and translate requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to the project
• Strong Communication skills