Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a skilled Expert Information Systems Security Officer to support a critical program for our Intelligence Community customer. This position is vital to the success of the program and our national security and provides a tremendous opportunity for technical leadership as a contractor. The successful candidate will oversee and manage system security plans, procedures and documentation for accreditation of all customer IT networks and equipment and will advise on all INFOSEC matters. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct incident reviews, write reports, and craft security solutions.
- Provide advice and guidance on all matters relating to information security.
- Provide support to ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system.
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance.
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, networkswitches, etc. to include system upgrades.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and 14 years’ of relevant ISSO experience or a Master's degree and 10 years’ of relevant ISSO experience.
- Knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Candidate should have excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong and oral written communication skills are highly desired, with the ability to develop and render concise reports, summaries and formal presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable of NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement, security related DCIDs and ICDs, and Executive Orders.