Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is a system engineering and software development company operating principally in the Federal Government sector with offices Nationwide. KBR has been selected as one of the best companies to work for in America by The Great Place to Work Institute and as one of the top employers in the DC Metro area by the Washingtonian Magazine. KBR offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program and one of the most competitive health and welfare benefits packages in the region for you and your family.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Expert Cost Analyst to provide knowledge and expertise applying principles, theories and methods of cost estimation and analysis in support of our Government customers. An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required.Minimum Qualifications:
Preferred Security Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Operations Research, Cost Analysis, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or similar quantitative field (or a Bachelor's Degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience).
- Minimum 15 years of DoD, IC, or industry cost analysis or data analysis experience
- Apply principles, theories, and methods of cost estimation to complex Government acquisitions.
- Develop cost estimating relationships through the application of advanced statistical analysis techniques.
- Develop models/methods for space systems and their associated ground and launch systems across multiple space-related product lines.
- Ability to collect and normalize data and design cost estimating methods and models.
- Develop life-cycle cost estimates using a variety of methods (e.g., parametric, analogy, etc.)
- Experience leading life-cycle cost estimates for major system acquisitions.
- Ability to identify key cost and technical risk areas and translate the risk areas into program cost impacts.
- Develop and mentor junior and mid-level Contractor cost analysts.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Proficient with the application of Monte Carlo simulation techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present results to senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently and lead detail-oriented tasks.
- Cost estimating experience in the following domain areas:
- Space hardware (bus and payload)
- Space systems (e.g., NASA/Air Force, NRO, Commercial)
- Launch systems.
- Ground systems (e.g., mission management, command and control, mission processing, ground terminals, communications networks, data centers)
- Software cost estimating
- Parametric and analogy-based estimating.
- Data collection and normalization
- Model development
- Method development (e.g., multivariate regression analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, cost improvement curve analysis)
- Technical understanding of satellite systems
- Experience using risk analysis software (e.g., @Risk, Crystal Ball)
- Experience using statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- ICEAA certification; either Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA)
- Possess an active TS/SCI security clearance w/ CI poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.