Requisition ID # 70061
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Product and Enterprise Platforms is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Expert Business Architect will act as an integral partner and business liaison between Customer Care Operations (Contact Centers) and Information Technology regarding technology strategy, planning and decisions. Accountability areas include facilitation of IT solutions, development, and delivery of PG&E system applications. Responsibilities include leading implementation of technology portfolio, solution/portfolio strategy & planning, business architecture, conceptual design development, and enabling program and project delivery & deployment. The Business Architect will bring a current knowledge and future visions of technology and industry trends, working collaboratively with business unit and IT partners to drive technology solutions.
Future State Planning and Road Mapping:
- Works with business and technology partners to plan for business technology change. This includes regulatory and financial planning along with alignment to technology service offerings. Develops various types of roadmaps to align across business and technology timelines.
Portfolio Capability Management:
- Works with business and technology partners to manage the business technology capabilities of the portfolio for the architect’s focus area. Strives to provide the necessary business capabilities while managing cost and risk to the enterprise.
Concept and Business Case Development:
- Introduces change to existing business technology capabilities for the architect’s focus area. Develop strategies, roadmaps and business cases for the change while working with business and technology partners.
Standards and Governance:
- Develops artifacts that document current or future business technology capabilities for reuse. Participates in the governance processes as defined by the PG&E architecture practice.
- Follows the PG&E architecture practice. Helps drive continuous improvement of the practice. Participates in communities within the practice.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in business analysis and process modeling functions within IT
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Proven experience in structured systems analysis
- Experience with business process modeling tools and processes
- MS/MBA degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices
- Domain knowledge of business processes in business areas Customer Care and Contact Center Technology ecosystem
- Experience with creating business process models, activity diagrams etc. using tools like modeling tools
- Ability to map business process components to applications, services, databases and other IT components. Ability to evaluate business processes and identify reusable IT components
- Providing high level consulting, guidance, and insights on contact center technologies, trends, and best practices. Including Cloud and CCaaS, Workforce Management Systems, Call Recording, CRM, IVR, and Speech Analytics Systems
- Project Management- Drive technology team of Call Centers
- Transformation: Reduced abandoned call rates substantially improving overall customer satisfaction ratings
- Cost Savings: Collaborate with business units and project teams to identify requirements to develop specific solutions that meet requirements and objectives to increase customer satisfaction, add self-service, and improve call center performance focus towards reducing operational cost