Boeing Space and Launch, In-Space Vehicles is searching for an experienced (Level 4) Wire Design and Installation IPT Lead. This position leads the wire harness technical design team and is located at El Segundo, California.
- Develops and maintains satellite product cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs to meet system wiring requirements (e.g., wire size, wire separation, grounding) by performing sizing and derating calculations, selecting materials (e.g., wire types, sleeving, shielding) and parts (e.g., connectors, terminal blocks, splices), incorporating lessons learned, defining parts lists, and drafting wire diagrams.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., payloads, electronic products and power sources, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Develops basic statements of work in response to customer requirements (e.g. reviewing change description, analyzing systems inputs), investigates design precedents, and identifies appropriate baseline to determine configuration requirements.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design. Provides feedback and communicates design implementations to suppliers (internal and external) and implements solutions to finalize the design integration.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews for satellite product lines.
- Monitors supplier performance to requirements and schedule to ensure product quality.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Investigates design precedents, documents and releases engineering design data for use by downstream organizations, Boeing customers, and third party or government certification authorities.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests) by investigating manufacturing and test problems, researching and analyzing product data (e.g., drawings, parts standards, specifications), and coordinating with cross-functional groups (e.g., design, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing) to identify solutions.
- Provides engineering support to diagnose and resolve customers' issues (e.g., fault indicators, failures, abnormal behavior) and responds to customers' inquiries using electrical design documentation, simulation, and test.
- Documents processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities by providing electrical part qualification, testing, and tooling requirements for electrical parts. Develops product and process improvements (e.g., standardization, producibility, reliability, maintainability, affordability) using electrical design/engineering principles (e.g., load analysis, fault isolation, materials compatibility, thermal analysis).
- Provides data, specifications, drawings and technical assistance to suppliers for production of drawings or parts.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training. With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs approximately 145,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. As part of Boeing's Space and Launch Systems division, In-Space Vehicles, located in Los Angeles, CA; oversees the strategic business development, design, analysis, manufacture, assembly, integration and test for the company's major commercial and government satellite programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1800080479