Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Experienced VMware IT Consultant, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Leads major portions of large or medium projects, and leads small projects autonomously. Provides highly technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems involving VMware software products and Cloud-based solutions. Performs analyses and studies and prepares reports. Gathers facts through research, interviewing, surveys, etc. Analyzes the client’s business, draws conclusions, prepares final reports and gives presentations. Uses in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge to practice business objectives and processes.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Experience supporting VMware-based solutions and infrastructure services across complex, multi-location enterprises.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, including Hybrid Cloud Architectures desirable.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL v3 Intermediate Level desirable.
• Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional Certification.
• VMware Certified Professional
• VMware Certified Design Expert
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional
• VMware Certified Associate
• Desired certifications: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 8years ofVMware experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.