Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking an experienced (Level 5) Systems Engineer to support flight deck modifications for multiple platforms with an emphasis on the E-3 AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System). The successful candidate will be a Communications subject matter expert.
Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience with UHF, VHF, SATCOM, and VDL, across flight deck and mission systems.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working with commercial and/or military aircraft communications systems including technical subcontract management?
- Minimum three (3) years' experience mentoring others to develop systems engineering skills that support the broader team.
Experience with the E-3 AWACS (or similar air vehicle).
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700012058