In this role, you will provide in-depth technical knowledge to support various highly complex efforts around system obsolescence and technologyinvestments across the entire Marketer Services product portfolio and play a key role in evolving Marketer Services as a leading Software Engineering organization.
By utilizing extensive technical expertise, the right candidate will collaborate with key business stakeholders, technical leadership, architects and agile teams across the globe to help ensure that we have a clear technical plan. The right candidate will also have a strong drive to help implement the plan by providing the best possible solutions to our business partners.
- 8+ years of experience in system/software engineering
- Expert level knowledge of: TSO, JCL, SQL, ABP transactional processing, batch processing
- Strong experience with agile (for example TDD, CI, pair programming, self-organizing teams, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and thought capital around Techniques and Platforms on the Marketer Services Technology Radar such as Continuous Integration, Microservice Strategies and Environment Management
Strongly preferred skills (but not required):
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Technical or STEM degree
- Ability to diagnose and resolve the most complex technical issues related to infrastructure management functions including performance, capacity, scalability, recovery, maintenance and security.
- Ability to work on highly complex performance analysis tasks across all platforms, from the application layer down through to the infrastructure layer and directly mentor agile teams.
- Ability to work effectively and mentor the agile development teams across the globe (India, USA and Mexico) to specify areas to improve performance and facilitate the measurement, monitoring, and benchmarking of our systems.
- Ability to understand and influence the strategic divestiture roadmaps from legacy systems (ICS, CCA, PCS, SMS, MCS etc.) as laid out by architects within Marketer Services. Must also be able to understand and influence the strategic technological investments across the portfolio.
- Ability to build relationships and consult with business partners, architects and leadership in order to influence decisions on future technical trends and directions to meet business strategy initiatives.
- Ability to develop business solutions by applying deep technical knowledge and understanding the industry direction for a host of technologies and techniques on the Marketer Services technology radar.
- Strong exposure to DevOps, Dynatrace, COBOL 6, Test Data Management, Test Environment Management.