As a Software Engineer working on our Cloud team, you’ll be part of an open, curious team of engineers looking after the development, care, and keeping of our web-based products and services. You’ll work along the range of the software stack: from front-end interactions to API management, to data and storage concerns, through deployment and performance metrics.
You will put your problem-solving skills and passion for developing great software to use every day. You will work within a team, building world-class software products in a fun, collaborative environment. Responsibilities include: participating in an agile team, programming, estimating upcoming work, reviewing completed work with teammates, as well as other duties, as assigned. If you love solving customer problems and innovating with new technology, you will fit right in.
- Experienced Software Engineer - Cloud
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, with at least 2 years experience developing software in a professional setting. For individuals without a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, at least 5 years experience developing software
- Demonstrable experience developing software
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing web-based applications deployed to the cloud
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering principles, processes, and best practices, including knowledge of software design patterns and the ability to apply them
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, writing automated tests, and/or test-driven development
- Ability to collaborate with other software engineers, including participating in code reviews, working with version control systems such as Git, pairing when needed, and testing software changes
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines (Quality Assurance, User Experience, Operations, etc.) in an agile development process
- Willingness to relocate, or commute to, the TechSmith office in the Lansing area (Okemos), Michigan
- Willingness and ability to work remotely when deemed necessary by TechSmith
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience developing with C#, .NET, and/or React
- Experience with containerization and orchestration, particularly Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly DevOps, Service Bus, Functions, WebJobs, Event Hub, and Stream Analytics
- Familiarity with Agile development processes including working in sprints, planning, estimation, prioritization, scoping, and demoing
- Commercial software development experience
- Data engineering experience
- Experience working on large codebases collaborating with multiple people spread out across several teams
- Dedication to continuous learning in order to stay up to date on the latest technologies
- Willingness to mentor teammates, and to be mentored, in order to teach and learn new codebases and technologies.